Training Subsidy + Mentorship

At Trainwest we are proud to help shape the future of tomorrow by accepting two students each calendar year into our Intern and Mentorship Programs. Not only learn the makings of running a small online business but interact with other business leaders and greats throughout the industry. Think you have what it takes?

Training Scholarship & Subsidy Sources

Trainwest Scholarships

Trainwest is proud to provide training scholarships to Post Secondary students looking to prepare themselves for a career in business.

Federal Grant Programs

Small Businesses in British Columbia may be eligible for funding, heavily offsetting training costs so you can focus on growing your business.

Mentorship Programs

Trainwest proudly mentors two students each calendar year, assisting them in refining their skills to be leaders of tomorrow.

Workforce Training

Federal Grant

The Federal Training Grant supports employers in upgrading their employees’ skills in order to assist in further developing their workforce and is designed to support any training that aligns with an employer’s business needs. 

Grant Funding Amounts:

Approved applications for training will receive reimbursement of 60 percent of the eligible training costs up to a maximum of $5,000 per participant. The employer is required to contribute the remaining 40 percent. 

The maximum an employer can receive per fiscal year (April 1st – March 31st) is $300,000 in total government funding.

Participants are NOT to pay for training or any training related expenses. All costs are to be paid for in FULL by the applicant. Receipts must verify this information.

Current Federal Grant Deadlines

 INTAKE STATUS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS TRAINING START
1 Open March 11, 2019, 9 am 04/04/2019 – 08/31/2019
2 Not Started June 3, 2019, 9 am 09/01/2019 – 12/31/2019
3 Not Started January 2, 2020, 9 am 01/02/2020 – 03/31/2020

Expected outcomes of training: 

  • Employers report increased workplace productivity   
  • Employers contribute to skills training of their current or new employees
  • Participant has a job (where participant was unemployed prior to training) or better job* at the end of the training

*A“better job” is defined as:

  • Increased job security 
  • Increase in pay
  • Promotion/advancement to another position
  • Move from part-time to full-time employment or

Eligible Training Types

Training supported under this stream includes but is not limited to:

  • Management Skills Training: Defined as developing skills in strategic planning, leading and motivating, allocating and controlling resources, evaluating, co-ordinating and organizing, recruiting and hiring, supervising and leadership
  • Business Skills Training: Defined as training to develop skills to increase sales, marketing, social media marketing and communication, streamline processes and organizational structures and change management  
  • Soft Skills: Defined as personal management skills required by the current labour market. Soft skills are personal skills and characteristics required by employers across different sectors and at different stages of an employee’s career

Speak to a Live Agent

We are open on Monday – Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM (PST), except on holidays.

Phone : +1-800-870-6088

Request More Information